Skip to main content

First Trading Day of My Project

Today is my first trading day for my SPXL portfolio project. At the very frist day, I will allocate about 70% of my asset into SPXL as I deem SP500 sitll bullish.

So I bought 150 shares of SPXL for 139.07. My target SP500 index is 5200.

My portfolio return the first day at closing is 0.3% with the SP500 index at 0.62% with a negative tracking error of 0.32% which is expected, because SP500 shot up right at the beginning of trading hours and I did not buy in SPXL right at the beginning of trading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...