Skip to main content

2X Bull and 3X Bull Asset Price Modeling

SPXL is a daily 3X bull ETF which implies it does not guarrentee 3x return in the long run. For this reason I built the following simulator to test their long term results.

Simulator

Conditions:
  • Asset prices follow geometric brownian motion, which means asset price instant change follows a log-normal distribution and its return rate follows a normal distribution.
  • All simulated assets have starting value of $100.
Mean Daily Return:
 %
Daily Return Standard Deviation:
 %
Investment Duration:
 Days
  • SP500 Value:Dollars, return:%
  • 2X Bull Value:Dollars, return:%
  • 3X Bull Value:Dollars, return:%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...