Skip to main content

Do Up and Down Order in Asset Price Matter for 2X or 3X Bull ETFs?

This post tackles the problem if there are fixed number of ups and downs with a magnitute of 1% in asset prices, whether leveraged ETFs are more dangerous?. This simulator shows a random order of fixed number of ups and donws of 2% for 2x bull and 3% for 3x bull.

Percent Change in 1x bull asset:

Number of Ups: Number of Downs
t 1x return 1x price 2x price 3x price
0 0 100 100 100

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...