Skip to main content

Lump Sum Investing Data Calculation with Compounding

This tool calculated lump sum investing related data.

Choose the item to be calculated:
             RR   
Lump sum:
 dollar(s)
Time:
 year(s)
Annually rate of return:
 %
Future value of the lump sum:
 dollar(s)

The following chart shows the power of the compounding effect.

The Earilest We Invest, the Less We Need to Invest to Achieve Our Investment Goal. Asuuming the annual rate of return is 5%.

Or the longer we invest, the less money we need to invest to ahieve the same investment goal. So if our investment goal is to retire and if we start investing early, we will be less stressful in the future when we don't need to save a lot of money. Instead, we can spend our money.
Investment Goal: $

What about investing in a SP500 Index Fund?

The SP500 is said to have a long-term annual return rate of about 10%. The chart below shows how long do w need to achieve our investment goal with a pure SP500 ETF portfolio
Investment Goal: $

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...