Skip to main content

Franklin Income Fund US and Luxembourg Versons Comparison

Franklin Income Fund US version has lower expense ratio of 0.62%, while the Luxembourg version has a expense raio of 1.67%.


Strategies

  • US Version: using a value-oriented approach, we screen a broad universe of securities across asset classes, looking for those that we believe are undervalued or out-of-favor.
  • Luxembourg Version: the Fund aims to maximise income while maintaining prospects for capital appreciation by investing primarily in equity securities and long & short-term debt securities. The Fund may invest up to 25% of its net assets in non-U.S. securities.

Top Holdings (As of 03/31/2022)

US Luxembourg
Asset Weight (%) Asset Percentag
COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS, INC. 4.47 GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 5.11
UNITED STATES TREASURIES 4.36 COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS, INC. 2.76
GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 3.85 BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES INC. 2.45
BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES INC. 2.53 JPMORGAN CHASE & CO. 2.30
JPMORGAN CHASE & CO. 2.51 BANK OF AMERICA CORP 2.04
CHEVRON CORPORATION 2.10 BROADCOM INC. 2.04
ABBVIE, INC. 1.85 ABBVIE, INC. 1.91
SOUTHERN COMPANY 1.69 SOUTHERN COMPAN 1.85
BANK OF AMERICA CORP 1.51 DISH NETWORK CORP. 1.58
DISH NETWORK CORP. 1.49 VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. 1.48

Performance Comparioson

Comparing on the 28th of April, 2022

  • US version 1 year return: 6.43%.
  • Luxembourg version 1 year return: 7.22%.
  • US version 3 year return: 24.98%.
  • Luxembourg version 3 year return: 19.88%.
  • US version 5 year return: 36.34%.
  • Luxembourg version 5 year return: 28.25%.
  • US version 10 year return: 94.11%.
  • Luxembourg version 10 year return: 60.99%.
  • US version 15 year return: 126.61%.
  • Luxembourg version 15 year return: 83.60%.

Seems like the Luxembourg version is seriously beat by the US version.

Some investors pay tax to dividends given out by the US version but not the Luxembourg version. Let's compare the performannce with dividend tax.
Investment duration: days (max = 5590).
Dividend Tax on US Verson: %

Comparison Results:

  • Begining Date:.
  • End Date:.
  • Franklin Income Fund Luxembourg Verson Cumulative Return:%.
  • Franklin Income Fund US Verson Cumulative Return:%.

Simulate 100 Times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...