Skip to main content

Performance Comparison Between IWF And AB - American Growth Portfolio A Acc

AB - American Growth Portfolio A Acc has a good performance. For many periods of times, it even beats the S&P 500 Index. But the fund actually tracks the Russell 1000 Growth Index, so it may not be fair to compare AB - American Growth Portfolio A Acc to the S&P 500 Index funds such as IVV, SPY or VOO.

A little more information about AB - American Growth Portfolio A Acc

  • Inception date:1997/01/06.
  • ISIN:LU0079474960.
  • Expense Ratio:1.74%.

Is it worth investing?

In order to find out whether AB - American Growth Portfolio is worth investing, I want to know if it can beat the index,  Russell 1000 Growth Index.

Since one the available ETFs that tracks the same index is iShares Russell 1000 Growth ETF, I will comapre the two.

Expense Ratio Comparison

iShares Russell 1000 Growth ETF has an expense ratio of 0.19%. Vanguard Russell 1000 Growth Index Fund's expense ratio has a even lower expense ratio of 0.07%.

Performance Comparison between AB - American Growth Portfolio A Acc with IWF

Comparison date:2022/4/22

  • American Growth Portfolio 1 month performance is -3.19%.
  • IWF 1 month performance is -2.49%.
  • American Growth Portfolio 3 month performance is -1.35%.
  • IWF 3 month performance is -3.68%.
  • American Growth Portfolio 1 year performance is 3.29%.
  • IWF 1 year performance is 3.23%.
  • American Growth Portfolio 3 year performance is 16.23%.
  • IWF 3 year performance is 20.25%.
  • American Growth Portfolio 5 year performance is 16.55%.
  • IWF 5 year performance is 19.42%.
IWF has better performance 3 out of 5 times in the above comparisons.

Performace Comparison App

Tax Rate On Dividends: %
Start Date:
End Date:

Run 100 Times

No. AB Wins IWF(%) AB(%) Diff.(%)
Average 0 0 0 0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...