Skip to main content

VCIT and LQD Performance Comparison

This blog post is about VCIT and LQD oerformance comparison. Both are corporate bond ETFs.

The "Run 100 Comparisons" button is for running randomly select dates and compare 100 times. The result is how many of the 100 times does LQD beat VCIT.

Note that the Run 100 Comparison simulator takes about 10 seconds for the computer to run, so please be patient and check the result in the 3rd bullet point.

Start Date:
End Date:
This button is for running 100 comparions with a set of investment span.
  • VCIT Return: %
  • LQD Return: %

Simulate Randomly 100 Times

  • In 100 times of comparisons, there are times that LQD has a better retrun than VCIT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...