Skip to main content

Performance Comparison Between O and VNQ

O is a single stock, but acts like a REIT ETF but without management fee. In this article, I will compare O with one of the biggest RRIT ETFs, VNQ to find out which is better. The full name of O is Realty Income Corporation and VNQ is Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund.

APP

Tax Rate on Dividends:
Start Date:
End Date:

Simulate Randomly 100 Times

Conclusion

O has better returns about 70% of the time compared with VNQ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...