Skip to main content

Performance Comparison Between SPY and VTI

SPY and VTI should perform similarly. Let's find out which is better.

Performance Comparison

Tax Rate on Dividends: %
Start Date:
End Date:
Investment Duration When Randomly Select Dates: days.

Run 100 Times

No. VTI Wins SPY(%) VTI(%) Diff.(%)
Average 0 0 0 0

Return Standard Deviation

Periodically Withdrawing

Withdraw Frequency:
Fund Starting Value:
Withdrawal Rate: %
Tax Rate on Dividends: %
Start Date:

Run 100 Times

Conclusion

VTI has a 93% chance of beatign SPY and performs 1.165% better in annual returns while has the same return standard deviation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...