Skip to main content

What About 100% Growth Funds For Retirement

We could withdraw 4% from SPY and not be broke in almost every situation based on historaical SPY price and dividend data since 1993. And since growth funds such as IWF, VRGWX and SPYG beat SPY about 80% of the times, I wonder if I can keep a 100% growth portfolio as retirement funds. Is it safe if I withdraw 4% every year from it?

I have built this tool for comparison withdrawing funds from SPY and IWF.

APP

Tax Rate on Dividends: %.
Withdrawal Freqhency:
Withdrawal Rate: %.
Initaial Portfolio Value: $.
Retirement Date:.

Simulate 100 Times

Retired Right Before 2000 Financial Crisis

Withdrawing 4.83% from a total IWF portfolio leave me about broke now. SPY does a lot better.

Retired Right Before 2000 Financial Crisis

Withdrawing 11% from a total IWF portfolio leave me about broke now, which is a little better than SPY.

Conclusion

It is quite dangerous keeping a total growth fund for retirement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog