Skip to main content

Mean Return, Return Standard Deviation and Shape Ratio for IEI

This article is about finding IEI's mean return, return standard deviation and Sharpe ratio. The average trading days in a year is 252 days. So if you are interested in looking up IEI's historical average annual return, put in 252 days for investment duration in the following app. 

Return Lookup

Truncate Dates

Start Date:
End Date:
Investment Duaration: days
Tax Rate on Dividends:%
Start Date:
End Date:

Continue Runing With Random Dates

  • The investment duration is 252 days.

Looking up the Sharpe Ratio

Click this button to find the Shepe ratio based on the mean return and return standard devision. Since Sharpe ratio is also based on the risk free rate, you have to manually enter it here.
Risk Free Rate:%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...