Skip to main content

Comparison of Withdrawing from Portfolios of SPY and Franklin Income Fund (LU0098860793)

This articlel is about comparing withdrawing from portfolios of just SPY and Franklin Income Fund.

In the other article, I have found that the Franklin Income Fund US version has a smoother upper return slope than SPY which means Franklin Income Fund may be safer without sacraficing too much performance.

Also in this article, I compare the US version and the Luxembourg verions of the Franklin Income Fund, and have found that they have similar performance.

Now, let's find out if the Luxembourg version of Franklin Income Fund serves better than SPY for investors when we need to withdraw a certain amonut every year.

APP

Withdrawal Frequency

Start Date:
Portfolio Value: $
Withdrawal Rate: %

Simulate 100 Times

Retired Right Before 2000 Financial Crisis

You could withdraw up to 10% with Franklin Income Fund and still not be broke now but can do with SPY

Retired Right Before 2008 Financial Crisis

9.5% is the max you could have withdrawn from Franklin Income Fund.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Corporate Bond with Covered Call Strategy?

A covered call position act like a corporate bond. Both give limited upside gains but also some downside protection. So I would like to explore if I can build a corporate bond position with stocks and the covered call strategy. Face Value Face value of an option is the first thing I am concerned. Although there is no real face value in the covered call positions, we still need to know how many stocks are covered by a short call contract. An option contract covers 100 shares of stock, so if I want to build a covered call position, I need to buy 100 shares of SPY for $373 with a total of $373*100 = $37,300. Already crazy. If I do a covered call once and the call option gets executed, I will have to sell stocks worth of about $37,300. How many times do I get to do this if I am not so rich? The mini-option of XSP, though a smaller contract size than SPX, still has this problem of one contract requires a lot of money for the underlying assets. XSP prices at 37...